Since acquistion of the facility, extensive improvements in excess of $2 Million have been made to the club such as:
- Enhanced Playability of Course through Widening of Fairways and Rough Areas
- Converted Greens to TifEagle Bermuda Grass
- Reconstructed Bunkers
- Selective Clearing and Underbrushing of Buffer Areas
- Expansion of Drainage Network
- Upgrades to Irrigation System
- Enhanced Maintenance Practices to Improve Course Conditions
- Installation of Landscape Architectural Elements
- Upgrades to Buildings & Related Facilities
These improvements to the facility along with an exceptional standard of quality throughout the operation ensure an incomparable experience at a top-ranked course considered by many to be the “Finest Venue for Golf in The Midlands of South Carolina".
A Family of Companies
The Golf Club of South Carolina is a subsidiary of The SIM Group of Companies headquarted in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina; a town situated immediately across the Cooper River from the coastal city of Charleston. The companies of The SIM Group specialize in the development of mixed-use communities, residential homebuilding, and the operation of recreational facilities.
Our recreation division includes The Golf Club of South Carolina, its sister course The Country Club of South Carolina located in Florence, and The Links & Land Group which provides consulting services to existing and proposed golf course facilities through its knowledge of golf course design, construction management, and club operations while the development and home building divisions are best known for their award-winning communites of BrickYard Plantation and Hamlin Plantation in the Charleston Area and for The Country Club of South Carolina in Florence.